GED and Job Training Classes
GCD's Family Success Center and High Point Opportunity Center programs offer you FREE quality child care (preschool age children 6 months to 5 years) while providing the instruction you need to get your GED or go back to work.
Who It's For
- Adults (18 or older) and interested in improving their reading, writing, math, and kills to get their GED.
- Adults (18 or older) and interested in obtaining job training skills to go back to work or get a better job.
Improved reading, writing, math, and communication skills, increased parenting skills, increased life skills, develop employability skills, financial management skills, and more!
- Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) instructor-led small classroom settings that provide instructor-student personalized interaction. Work at your own pace with guidance from the program staff.
- Classes led by community partners such as Goodwill Industries, StepUp Greensboro, and more!
- Early childhood education (ages 6 months to 5 years old) provided by trained Learning Together early childhood staff.
Activities/Skills Taught by the FSC & OC Programs
- GED includes: Vocabulary, reading comprehension, writing, math, science, and social sciences
- Job Readiness: interview skills, resume writing, communications for the workplace, computer skills, and more.
- Financial Literacy: How to build credit, repair your credit, set up a bank account as well as how to create a budget for your expenses!
- Health & Wellness: Yoga, dance class, nutrition classes, and more
Activities can occur Monday-Friday in the morning between 9:00am and 12:00pm.
- Complete our easy online registration contact form
- Call (336) 369-5011 to speak with a Family Success Center representative in Greensboro
- Call (336) 894-3015 to speak with an Opportunity Center representative in High Point