Get Your GED
GCD's Family Success Center program offers you FREE quality childcare (pre-school age children 6 months to 5 years) while providing the instruction you need to get your GED.
Who It's For
Adults (18 or older) of all levels interested in improving their reading, writing, math, and communication skills or working toward their GED.
Improved reading, writing, math, and communication skills, increased parenting skills, increased life skills and employability, and more!
- Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) instructor-led small classroom settings that provide instructor-student personalized interaction. Work at your own pace with guidance from the program staff.
- Early childhood education (ages 6 months to 5 years old) provided by trained Learning Together early childhood staff.
Activities/Skills Taught by the FSC
- GED includes: Vocabulary, reading comprehension, writing, math, science, and social sciences
- Job Readiness: interview skills, resume writing, communications for the workplace, computer skills, and more.
- Financial Literacy: How to build credit, repair your credit, set up a bank account as well as how to create a budget for your expenses!
- Health & Wellness: Yoga, dance class, nutrition classes, and more
You must have a child enrolled in Head Start/Early Head Start
OR you must live in the 27406 zip code.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00am-12:00pm.