Careers for Professionals
Join our family! Click here for a list of current open positions.
GCD’s Career Path for Teaching Professionals
Guilford Child Development provides you with an excellent opportunity to advance in the rewarding field of Early Childhood Development. We offer a comprehensive continuing education program with salary increases as you progress. We also connect you with scholarship programs that can help cover your education costs. Read further to discover how GCD guides you along the path to an exciting and fulfilling career in Early Childhood Development. Click here for a list of current open positions.
Qualifications and requirements include:
GCD Center Director
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education and Administration
GCD Head Start Teacher
- Minimum BA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
- BK License (NC Pre-K teachers only)
Other GCD Teaching Positions
GCD Head Start Teacher Assistant
- Minimum Requirement - AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or AA out of field and an additional 12 semester credit hours in ECE.
- Must work toward obtaining a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.
GCD Substitute Teacher/Floater
- Minimum Requirement - CDA, Introduction to Early Childhood (EDU 119 or NCECC I, II) and 6 early childhood credit hours
- Preferred: AA or working toward AA in Child Development/Early Childhood Education (ECE) within 6 months of hire (minimum of 6 documented semester hours per year)