Provider Trainings and Workshops
The Regional Child Care Resources and Referral training unit offers training opportunities to expand on previous learning and to enhance the educational levels of teachers. The trainings that are offered are approved by the Division of Child Development and are based on their approved In-service Training Topic Areas.
Trainings are offered at least twice a week by a staff of dedicated professionals, providing trainings to accommodate different adult learning styles, while using various teaching methods.
To quickly view all workshops, see the box to the right ==>
PLEASE NOTE: IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED DUE TO BAD WEATHER, EVENING CLASSES WILL BE CANCELED.
Click here for regional workshop calendar and online registration >>
We offer training in the Division of Child Development’s 9 Topic Areas:
- Planning a safe, healthy learning environment
- Children’s physical & intellectual development
- Children’s social & emotional development
- Productive relationship with families
- Program management
- Observing & recording children’s behavior
- Child growth & development
- Inclusion of children with special needs
In addition, we offer specialty training in the following areas:
- Basic School-Age Care (BSAC)
- Get Ready, Get Set, GO!
- CPR/First Aid
- Playground Safety
- Health and Safety