|Provide creative and fun activities to help children grow. |
- There is a daily balance of planned activities (for example: play time, story time, and rest time).
- Activities are appropriate for age or skill level. Children are not required to sit for long periods of time.
- Children can choose from a variety of materials and activity areas of their own interest.
- Children can reach play materials easily. There are enough materials for all children.
- Settings include the following areas for children 2-5 years (examples of materials are given):
Pretend play: dress-up clothes, house, or other materials for make believe play.
Quiet play: books, puppets, flannel board.
Creative art: crayons, paint, paper, markers, glue, scissors, easel, clay.
Manipulatives (problem solving and small motor skills): puzzles, matching games, counting materials.
Block play: variety of blocks and building accessories.
Sensory play: water and/or sand table with appropriate toys.
Creative movement and music: records and tapes, instruments, dancing.